- Meet all Federal and State requirements for certification and CDL licensing for Class A, combination vehicle with airbrakes, including current DOT medical certification, meeting the requirements set forth by Section 391.41, and corporate requirements.
- Have satisfactory, verifiable experience and/or appropriate training in Interstate Commercial, Class A vehicle operation and the transportation of freight.
- Able to properly load, unload, and secure cargo including all related duties.
- Able to accurately and legibly complete all required paperwork associated with the delivery of freight.
- Able to lift containers that weigh up to 60 lbs. over four feet high
- Able to repeatedly bend at the waist and neck, twist and rotate hands, wrists, shoulders, elbows, and forearms.
- Able to grip and grasp repeatedly and operate foot pedals
- Able to climb to a height of 4-10 ft.
- Capable of driving extended periods of time, up to the maximum allowable times, safely, under a variety of conditions, including night driving, mountain driving, and spending up to 80% of on duty time in the vehicle for an extended period.
- Able to hook and unhook various tractor-trailer combinations, lower/raise landing gear and open/close cargo doors
- Able to withstand abrupt hour changes, irregular work/rest cycles, noise and vibration, temperature and weather extremes, irregular meals and delays.
- Able to maintain a daily record of duty status in accordance with Federal, State and company requirements
- Able to read, understand and apply information relating to trip planning for delivery of freight
- Able to appraise, evaluate, and adequately respond to environmental strain and emotional stress.
- Must be able to travel, without restrictions, to all points within the United States, Canada, and Mexico
- Meet all company requirements as outlined in the driver safety handbook
- Complete any and all other tasks assigned by management for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
This is intended to be a summary and not a complete, all inclusive job description and is subject to change at any time without notice.